Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Curve 8520

i have curve 8520 ...can you update the software at your pc desktop blackberry .......will happen sucessfully .please send me link if it would help me to do so...........pleasee helpp my bb is not working ...

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Curve 8520

Hi there,

If you're having problems with your BlackBerry and need to reload the software on the device, try using the method described in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

I hope the info there will help you get your BlackBerry working again.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

hiee.....m not able to get these below points........please help on this...

1. Before you do anything, back up your BlackBerry device.  Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Backup and Restore.  On the next screen select Backup and perform a full backup of your device data.  Note where the backup file is located (usually in the Documents folder).  Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and leave your device plugged in.
  2. Open Windows Explorer and go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ and open the Loader.exe file.  In Vista 64-bit computers, the file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.  Depending on your computer's settings, you may need to show hidden folders (under File > Options for Windows XP or Organize > Folder and Search Options in Windows Vista).
  3. After the device configuration has been retrieved, you will be on the Device Application Selection page.  You may scroll through the list to ensure all the applications you want are selected.  You can also de-select any applications you don't use to save space.  Click Next.
  4. On the next page, click on the Advanced button.  Ensure that both boxes (Delete all application data and Delete all currently installed applications) are checked.  Click Next.
Elite I

Hi there,

Skip step 1 if you are unable to back up your device. Can you continue from Step 2?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

no......m not even able to do step 2.......the only thing is I can do next then my BB pin shows up then agin i do next .thats it.its not getting ahead of it....please suggest..

Highlighted
Elite I

Hi jinalb,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Have you managed to get it working yet? It should just continue once you click next, but if not, can you take it in to your carrier to see if they can help? Another option would be to simply try on another computer.

Good luck!