Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Curve 8530 - Need Help With Google Sync Calendar

I just upgraded to a new curve 8530, I had the older version of curve and google sync was the perfect platform for my email, contacts, and calendar. That was the first download I made on the new version, however I am having problems with the calendar.

The downloads from Google Calendar to my phone are working fine, when I enter in a new calendar date on my computer, it creates a new event directly to my phone.

However, when I add a new event to my phone while out and about, it does not update my computer google calendar. It's only updating one way.

I know there must be a simple answer here, I just can't find it. Can anyone help?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Curve 8530 - Need Help With Google Sync Calendar

Interesting post as I have an 8310 which works fine with sync and am  considering upgrading!

I had great difficulties with sync on the 8310. In the end it came down to making sure CICAL was set to the same name as the Google account. This seemed to be set in BIS under the account name and once changed and the service book resent everything worked.

Might be worth a try.

BTW did you manage to get contacts sync to work without duplicates? I have given up as it is reported somewhere as a Goggle bug.

If it works the combination of BB and Google is fantastic!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 8530 verizon wireless

organum wrote:

Interesting post as I have an 8310 which works fine with sync and am  considering upgrading!

I had great difficulties with sync on the 8310. In the end it came down to making sure CICAL was set to the same name as the Google account. This seemed to be set in BIS under the account name and once changed and the service book resent everything worked.

Might be worth a try.

BTW did you manage to get contacts sync to work without duplicates? I have given up as it is reported somewhere as a Goggle bug.

If it works the combination of BB and Google is fantastic!!

I use google sync, and my contacts don't duplicate and the calendar syncs ok as well.  You can check these settings to make sure it is set up ok.  open google sync and hit menu key and hit options. make sure all these settings are set to meet your needs. If problem persists you can try deleting app and redownloading.

Hope this helps 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>~

Hope I was able to help

If you have received information that has helped you out, please give them Kudos.

If your problem has been solved, please click on the post that resolved the issue

New Contributor

Sorry, I'm a novice here. CICAL and BIS, what exactly are those?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Solved it, basically going into google sync options.