Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Curve 8530 Random Reboot/Battery Drain

For about the past two-three weeks, my Curve 8530 has started randomly rebooting - during calls, not during calls - I have not identified a pattern about when.   When it comes back up 5-10 minutes later, the battery was always completely drained.  I ordered a new battery and fully charged it.  Day one with the new battery was uneventful - no random reboots, no loss of all battery charge after one 15 minute phone call, although the battery was low by the end of the day.

Today is day two with the new battery and I had another random reboot, however, this time at least my battery wasn't drained when it came back up.

What causes these random reboots?  Is there any way to get them to stop?

I am with Verizon and already did the *228 programming update before the new battery.  Any other suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Curve 8530 Random Reboot/Battery Drain

Hi checkblank,

If you have access to a computer with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software installed, I would suggest backing up your data and  performing a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software to rule out any possible software issue. The following KB articles should provide more information.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!