Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Curve 8530 custom ring tone for BBM

I'm a new user and having gone through all the information I have, I can only find a way to set a ring tone for emails and calls.  Is there anyway to custom set a tone for a particular contact for when they BBM me???

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Curve 8530 custom ring tone for BBM

Go to Profiles (or "Sounds" in some versions of the OS) and go to "Edit Profiles"

Select the Profile in use and hit the menu key and select "edit."   Click on "Instant Messages" and change the "BlackBerry Messenger New Message"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

will this allow for me to set a separate tone for one contact from the rest?  That's what I want

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

No, unfortunately, you can't set it for a specific contact.  You can have any BBM message have a different ringtone from other application notifications but all BBM contacts will have the same notification.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

ok, thank you

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

however, is the custom ringtone for each individual BBM contact available on BB Torch 9810?

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

i was just checking for a similar thing to do on Torch 9810 and found out that if you create a group and add contacts to it and change the ringtone for the bb groups it might help.