Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: vodaphone

Curve 8900 problem

I had my 8900 unlocked about a month ago to change from O2 to Vodaphone. The phone has been working normally since then until yesterday. Now i can't receive or make calls or messages although everything else is working fine. Any ideas?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Curve 8900 problem

Once unlocked, the device cannot be locked again so that leaves only an issue with the network or sim card you're using. Does the device show it has signal on the home screen? Does it show connected to a cellular network?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi Tony_Branch,

Welcome to the BB Community...

As John_Clark said, the cause seems to be with either ur network or sim card...

still, u might wanna try a battery pull restart...take out the battery of ur BB when ur BB is switched ON and then take out the sim card...after 10 seconds, reinsert the sim card followed by the battery and let ur BB restart...see, if ur issue has been solved or not...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: vodaphone

The phone shows that it is connected to the vodaphone network and a signal strength. When I attempt a call it just comes up as call failed. I'm a bit baffled as I've tried the sim card in an old phone and it works perfectly so the suggestion about removing the battery etc hasn't worked. Be grateful if you can suggest anything else.

Tony

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I would contact the carrier. If they can't resolve it have them escalate the case to RIM. You may have to press them hard to do it but its what they're supposed to do.

It sounds lilke the pin/imei may have been blocked for some reason and only that escalation will be able to get to the bottom of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!