Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlakBerry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

Curve 9220, Hung up, Battery Draining Fast

Hi.

I bought my BB curve 9220 on 26th August, 2012, From the first day itself i am facing Problem of My phone got hang anytime and respond really slowly and then it Freezes at one point till Hours. Its LED light start blinking itself without notification and I can't turn it off until I switch off my phone. Today When I try to unlock my Phone but I was not able to do that and Finally I have to remove the battery then only I can able lock my phone after waiting for hours, And the Next Big Problem is its battery Back-up which is really poor Its draining too quickly.

Please somebody look into this Issue and Try solve it ASAP. Hoping for Prompt response.

Thanks & Regards

Avdesh Sharma

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9220, Hung up, Battery Draining Fast

Hi avi 154

Welcome to the Community

Sorry for the problem you are having ! But whenever you see or feel any unusual just perform a battery pull restart.Battery pull restart is considered as the first step in eradicate any problem.  within the device.

Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

Battery pulls on your BlackBerry - when, why and how           and also 

How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Please go through those Articles and see if it resolves your problems.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: BlakBerry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Curve 9220, Hung up, Battery Draining Fast

Hi Prince,

Thanks you very much for your Suggestions provided. I have tried to do everything you have mentioned, However the problem is still not solved, In addition my handheld start heating up from Back side. While talking with someone or play music or writing mails. This one of the worst handset I have ever had. 

Anyways Thansk you Again for ur reply.

Regards,

Avi