Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

Curve 9300- 2nd hand need removal of BES

I have looked around the forums and found the relevant info to remove the BES and replace with BIS, (this is an old works phone) however I cannot get the website @ bis.na.blackberry to allow me a log on, I have followed the steps to re-register with my provider and it says 'successfull' but still doesn't work?! I only need this to help me retrieve my blackberry protect data, but had no idea about the enterprise issue or I would have checked to avoid said complications.
If anybody knows why this is happening I would be greatly appreciative because the only help I get from the virgin store are answers along the lines of "not to do with us" or "ring our premium rate no"
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve 9300- 2nd hand need removal of BES

First, have you fully removed and confirmed the removal of the former IT Policy?

Look at Options > Device > Security > Infomation. What is on that screen?

See the RIM Knowledge Base article here for information on how to remove an IT Policy. See the Method Three in the link:

KB14202 How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

IV checked the IT policy details and I have no disallowed applications and no saved policies, however I do have two 'services' but I think these are the email profiles, I have tried to do a factory reset and a data wipe already but one of the email policies from the former owner is still showing on main menus (but I think inactive) the two saved services read;

Desktop [S16632829] (AES)
WLM 2.1 [WLMEU01] (AES)

However my pathway is different to the above as I do not have Device > Security, (my security is a seperate tab to Device) I have also checked advanced security settings and appear to have nothing saved in any option there either.

I will however check the knowledge base article and try to follow it just in case, unfortunately though I'm in work so I can't really do that untill my break @4 I will post if it makes a change.

Just occured to me also, do I need to wait 24hrs or so for the registration stage to be verified online as I only gave it about 2hrs before I tried to register BIS again, after following their steps given online.

Thank you for your time aswell, it is greatly appreciated.

BrokenSmurf wrote:

However my pathway is different to the above as I do not have Device > Security, (my security is a seperate tab to Device) I have also checked advanced security settings and appear to have nothing saved in any option there either.

Ok, that is right, as you may still be on OS 6 on the 9300... my mistake. But you got the right screen, and both of those do appear to be email policies and not an IT Policy.

I'd also say, let's see what happens in 24 hours on your BIS account... often does not take that amount of time, but it can.

You can also try this:

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

1)
• Go to  www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

If not, follow these additional instructions:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I'm very sorry to be so finicky but I'm really eager not to mess the phone up in any way as I have it on a buy back deal (with a friend) but the screen I go to (for step1) doesn't look to have loaded properly (just white background) also there is only one option:

launch email setup

If I click this it gives me an overview of;
my email address, (with edit or delete)
Add an new email account
Settings
Help

However my email is already working properly on this phone, so should I just retry the BIS registration tomorrow?

On a seperate note is there an OS update I should do on the phone or is that just for later models?

OK, sorry, I didn't understant that your email was working properly. That is good.

Would you also check this?

On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.
What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I have internet and enterrprise service, both read;
connection: mobile service