Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Curve
My Carrier: Reliance

Curve 9300 (3G) - Common Problems/Observations

I would like to bring to your notice that I've been facing performance issues on my handheld in some features. Before that, I would like you to let you know that I've cross checked the following things based on common observation of Curve 3G.<br><br>Details of Device(if required):<br>Vendor ID: 611<br>Platform: 6.0.0.195<br>Pin: 2758FD68<br><br>I'm running OS6 [6.0 Bundle 2342 (v6.0.0.526, Platform 6.6.0.195)]. There is no application running except the following:<br>1) Messages<br>2) Home<br>3) Phone<br>4) Browser (Currently Closed)<br><br>I have already un-installed my blackberry messenger &amp; have no other processes running in background (Checked using Engineering Screen).<br><br>Parallely I've also checked it using &quot;Application management&quot; that's pre-loaded in OS6, the list of processes using CPU are as follows:<br>1) Options (Using about 2%)<br>2) HomeScreen (Using &lt; 1%)<br>3) BlackBerry 6.0.0 system software, BB identity, BB app world, Browser, Clock, Media, Messages, Phone, Setup, Voice Dialling ( All of them using 0%~1%)<br><br>Features that need to be upgraded:<br>1) Pictures(Default Image Viewer of BB) -<br>The image viewer was &amp; is a big lag of the device (both on OS5 &amp; OS6). It fails to quickly load &amp; process high quality/resolution images. Even a 150k image takes a bit longer than necessary. When you zoom-in the image, it loads a distorted/pixelated version at the moment &amp; later clears it up. Even if the image is zoomed-in &amp; moved around (ie scrolled or sailed across), the handheld stops responding for a few seconds(around 2~3 seconds to be specific).<br>The same thing is experienced when we scroll the images(without zooming it) through the library.<br><br>2)Videos(Default Media player of BB):<br>Now there are some issues such as audio-video sync errors during the buffering of the video, ie the audio &amp; video lose synchronisation &amp; don't run in parallel. The video buffering was done in &quot;low quality&quot; mode of 'Youtube' on an Edge Connection. I've faced this issue both on OS5 &amp; OS6.<br>More over the media player doesn't support 'flv'&amp; 'mkv' files which are widely used these days.<br><br>3)The browser/device doesn't support flash, which is a 'gap' that needs to be filled up at the earliest.<br><br>4)Before updating to OS6 form OS5 I was made known of a feature called 'Social Feeds' is missing from the device. I went through the forums &amp; was told that I could be installed using &quot;application loader&quot; under desktop manager. I wasn't able to find it(like many other users who posted). I've tried reinstalling my OS6 for the same, still no leads.<br>PS: I'm running the latest version of &quot;Desktop Manager&quot;.<br><br>For now, there are no such other issues that I'm facing. The device has an exceptionally good battery life, which could be better for sure. OS6 has really good interface, especially the fluid graphics which make the device way more easy to use. The best &amp; the most handy feature is &quot;universal search&quot;.
*Ping-Pong*