Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

Curve 9300 3G WiFi problem

Hi, I have recently got my first Blackberry - a 9300 3G.

I seem unable to connect to my home network via WiFi. I have set up the BB with a manual setting as I have a non-broadcasted SSID and the passcode is correct. My router is a Netgear DG834GT. I have a laptop permanently connected via WiFi so I know the router, WiFi & DSL is all operational.

I can sporadically, but not consistently, ping the router from the BB, but I cannot ping a web address (say google.com). I am unable to ping the BB from my PC, but an IP Scanner confirms that the BB is on the network.

My carrier has suggested a reboot, a reinstall of the firmware and turning WiFi off & on - all of which I have done.

I am very PC savvy, reasonably network savvy, but a complete newbie to BB and smartphones.

Any ideas?

Sam4a
Curve 9300 3G v6.0 Bundle 2475
Carrier o2 (UK)
New Contributor
My Carrier: o2

Re: Curve 9300 3G WiFi problem

Well, I've sorted it - or rather Geek Squad pointed me the the right direction.

It appears that the phone does not like the standard WPA-PSK security protocol. Although the router is recognised, the phone cannot communicate through the router.

Changing the WiFi security protocol on the router to WPA2-PSK has resolved the problem. Of course, if you do this you will also need to change the security protocol on all your other devices on the WiFi network to match, or else they may not work.

Sam4a
Curve 9300 3G v6.0 Bundle 2475
Carrier o2 (UK)
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

|Hi, same problem, BB shows my wifi but no internet connection for browsing. Changed settings as suggested on Netgear router to wpa2-psk (and on laptop permanently connected) but to no avail. \BB still no internet access??
My Device: curve 3g 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

hi,

i m also having a same problem m connected to a wifi but no internet access in browser and m also using that router for my laptop.....

please help me my router name is dlink  dir 600

achal
New Contributor

Hi see topic yesterday posted by me (alinka). Basically, data needs to be turned on for browser to work. To ensure only uses wifi available, mobile network can be turned off
My Device: curve 3g 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

which topic u have posted ?????

achal
New Contributor

Hi
see topic on Monday 'no internet access wifi is on'
My Carrier: Ufone

hi. i have curve 9300 os 5. i m facing same problem. connect to wifi router (wep secure) but can not connect to internet. browser does work with mobile data but not wifi. wifi fails to obtain ip address. any soulutions????