Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: virgin atlantic

Curve 9300 3g wont startup, not even red light

Hello,

I have a curve 9300 3g and it wont startup. it wont even show the red light. it was in my pocket and when i took it out my phone was off. i took off the abttery and reinserted it to reset the phone. it initially did but halfway through the startup it got stuck for like 10 minutes. i took off the battery again and plugged it in back. since then i have tried starting the phone but it wont even show the red light. i have tried connecting it to the charger without the battery yet it wont show the red light. tried doing same with my computer but no response. what do i do?

please reply urgently. i need help.

how do i start it now

what possible problem can it be?

kindly respond asap.

please

kind regards,

A. Basit Sami

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry(R) Curve 9300
My Carrier: GiffGaff

Re: Curve 9300 3g wont startup, not even red light

[ Edited ]
When your device fails to start, it show one of these symptoms: 1. Totally dead. 2. Trying to restart, LED activity only. 3. Failed to start, a white screen with an error message. __________________________________________________ ________ 1. Physical damage, water is the worst enemy of delicate electronic device. Try drying it with a desiccant and replacing the battery. If there is no activity, you can still try the last ditch technique, nothing to loose anyway. 2. Your device is not able to start, something has gone wrong and the OS is corrupt. 3. Geeks call this an "Uncaught exception error". That is a polite way of saying, the last thread has terminated, the OS has halted because it is corrupt. In many cases, the Application Loader can be used from Desktop Manager or Windows. If that fails to connect, there is one final solution. Go Old Skool ... __________________________________________________ ________ The good news, starting from scratch, you will be back in service in a couple of hours. 1. ... 2. You need to install a BlackBerry OS file that is specific to your device. The original version, as supplied by the carrier, is the safe choice, but you can use any model specific version. This is not supplied on the BB CD 3. Once the OS has been installed, you have to prepare it for the device. Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon. Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader. Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file. 4. You are now ready to restore your device. Verify that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running. Plug the device directly into the computer's USB port. Windows XP: Start / Run... / Command Windows Vista: Start / Command (type this into 'start search') You will see a black window similar to this. I have used UPPERCASE to highlight the typed commands. Windows Vista CD \ CD PROGRAM FILES CD COMMON FILES CD RESEARCH IN MOTION CD APPLOADER LOADER /NOJVM Windows XP CD \ CD PROGRA~1 CD COMMON~1 CD RESEAR~1 CD APPLOA~1 LOADER /NOJVM When using Vista 64 bit operating systems the command should look like this... CD \ CD PROGRAM FILES (x86) CD COMMON FILES CD RESEARCH IN MOTION CD APPLOADER LOADER /NOJVM When you hit enter at the last command a forced rebuild will start. No data or setting will be saved, however, they can be recovered from a previous backup. 5. Wait for it to finish.Thirty minutes is typical, do not interrupt it. Once it has recovered, you can use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to customize it and restore from your backup files, if you have saved them previously. Or Remove the Battery, then run the Loader program. It works.
// Regards

ConnerT
------------------------
BlackBerry Developer and Enthusiast
------------------------