Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

Curve 9300 Doesn't start. Stucks at boot screen

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've got a brand new Curve 9300 less than a week ago. I've updated it's OS to version 6, and it worked perfectly.

When I attempted to configure my email, it automatically asked to update with my carrier's email setup software. I just chose ok. I got three warning messages, which I don't exactly remember but it was about something may not function correctly (regarding to version difference). I just continued installation, and it asked for a reboot.

When I rebooted the mobile, it goot stuck at the boot screen. Then nothing! The thin status bar bellow BlackBerry's logo fills up until it's full, then nothing happens. When I wait for longer time (a few minutes), I get a message on a white screen with a tiny font with "App Error 606", with one option of 'RESET'.

I pulled out the battery and restored it a few times, nothing different. 

Notes:

• The LED does not do anything, except for a single red blink when it reboots
  • The keboard seems to be responsive. I get the Alt and Shift indicators in the top right corner when I press them
  • The power button doens't seem to cause any response

I appreciate your help.

Edit: The Desktop Software shows that the device is not connected, even though it's attached to the USB cable.

Edit: The Alt-Shift-Del combination causes the system to go to a blank white screen with that "app error" mentioned above

Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve 9300 Doesn't start. Stucks at boot screen

If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a white or black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

The thing is, I'm using a Mac, now Windows. Is there a way to do it on Mac? If not, will connecting BB to another pc affect anything (synchronization, email ...etc.)?

You will need a PC to do this... not a mac, sorry, and it won't affect syncing or anything. (Your BlackBerry is dead at this point, who cares if it did effect syncing...sure won't sync in the state it is in right now, right? Smiley Wink )

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

I tried your solution on a Windows machine, but with no success . When the Application Loader Wizard comes to the connection screen, it shows the USB-PIN: XXXXXXXX connection, and by clicking Next, it shows a status of "Connecting to the device (ARM)...", and the device keeps rebooting with no success.

What shall I do?

You will need to use BBSAK or  JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I tried the solution above, I tried the solution mentioned here, but none worked.

After a way lot of permutaions and combinations, I found a solution that finally worked! What did work is the following:

1. I downloaded JL_Cmdr utility, and I wiped the entire thing.
  2. I connected it to the PC, I ran the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and went through the standard installation procedure
  3. I restored my data

I hope this may help someone, thanks to everyone who gave a hand Smiley Happy

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

I have a Mac and the same exact problem with my blackberry! What can I do?

New Contributor

Just read my last post, and JSenders' post before, and follow the steps.

Don't try to setup you email via the mobile. Set it up via BlackBerry's site (depending on your service provider) or contact your service provider's support. Just a precaution: Do not give your email password to the support team even if they ask for it (like they did with me). Instead, ask them to guide you through registering yourself online.

Remember to click the Kudos star on both JSenders and me Smiley Happy