Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Free

Curve 9300 FAI ERROR

Hello!

it's my 1st time asking help on a forum, sorry if I'll make something wrong or if I do not post at the right place!

Let's talk about my problem: I've got a BB Curve 9300 and usually I use my homes wifi hotspot to use the internet. Since a few weeks it doesn't work well anymore. After a few hours the wifi disconnects - but my phone still shows that I am connected! To make it work again I only find the solution to pull out the battery. But I need to do it several times a day as the problem remains... When searching through the connexion informations on my mobile I read "FAI or server error". What does this mean? how can I solve that?? I hope my explanation is clear, thanks by advance for your help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9300 FAI ERROR

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I don't find anything about that specific error message in the BlackBerry public KBs...so here's a guess...

It actually sounds like something wrong with your internet connection equipment (e.g., Router, Modem, WiFi device, etc.). Have you yet tried rebooting those? Sometimes, that can help.

Also, you can try removing and re-creating the WiFi configuration on the BB itself...sometimes that helps.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Free

Re: Curve 9300 FAI ERROR

Hi from the sunny South of France and thanks for your kind reply!

I tried both (reboot my server and also the bb wifi connection)... no change! I tried it twice just to be sure. I should have done something wrong a few weeks ago as I didn't have this matter before... Anyway, thanks for having tried to help.