Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

Curve 9300 G No BIS GPS+apps not working.

Hi, Just got a 9300 on au vodafone on the standard $29 plan, and lots of the functions appear not to work.

I just can't get GPS working.

When I enable it in advance options, then no fix is ever got, even if I leave it on outside for hours.

gps option says device gps / location on , aiding enabled. It never shows any data change or fix.

Maps says. Default service none. Address Rec off. Any idea , or is the phone broken

For the other apps ( downloaded from blackberry world )

twitter app appears to work.

google map says Network Unavailable: This application requires a data connection, and some blackberry devices require reconfiguratiion to work properly.

Facebook app says. You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. If you want to use this application, pleace contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

Google talk says. Service not enabled for this handheld.

Phone can get to Blackberry app world, and show me what I've installed on the phone.

Vodafone browser works.

Does this mean without BIS, all I've got is a browser even though I have a vodafone data plan ?

I brought the phone for the gps/twitter/facebook apps , and I'm now disappointed.

The blackberry site said that everything is included ( http://au.blackberry.com/purchase/special_offers/consumer.jsp ), and I feel misled.

"

BlackBerry® Curve™ 9300 smartphone $0 per month on the Vodafone $29 Contract Cap
*** Limited time only: Get $10 OFF per month for the first 12 months + FREE BlackBerry internet and email for 24 months ***

For a limited time, pay only $19 a month for the first 12 months ($29 a month thereafter) and get:

BlackBerry® Curve™ 9300 smartphone $0 Upfront
$180 credit for calls & text every month
UNLIMITED email, internet browsing, instant messaging & download of applications via BlackBerry® App World™
An additional 200MB of data for video streaming
UNLIMITED Vodafone to Vodafone and 3 calls
UNLIMITED access to Facebook®, My Space, Twitter, LinkedIn and Four Square within Australia

"

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Curve 9300 G No BIS GPS+apps not working.

For making a BlackBerry device to work you MUST have BlackBerry data plan. This data plan is different from your usual internet data plan. Please consult with your carrier support representative to know more on this.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

Its an extra $10, and the blackberry website indicated that it was all included. Whats the point of a data plan without BIS, and why does the GPS chip enable without BIS

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

IanWhite wrote:

Its an extra $10, and the blackberry website indicated that it was all included. Whats the point of a data plan without BIS, and why does the GPS chip enable without BIS

Your query is clear! If I understood you correctly then you're willing to know why you should pay extra amount?

For getting accessing to BlackBerry device features you need to subscriber for BlackBerry data plan. Without this data plan you will be able to use your device for voice and SMS text only. Apps like facebook, twitter, yahoo, windows live etc. will not work at all. For your information BlackBerry data plan and carrier's internet data plans are totally different that's why you'll have to pay some xtra amount to use BB services.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit