Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360 and curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Curve 9300 and 9360 can't connect to mobile network

[ Edited ]

Hi, I've come here because I'm having trouble getting my phone to connect to the provider network (vodafone).

First (about a week ago) I was trying to use my curve 9300 to place a call, but it didn't work, and when I looked at the connection bar (top right of the screen) it only said 'SOS'....  This never happened before, I always had a strong signal just about everywhere...

When I searched online I found all kinds of (weird..) advice from turning it off while still on and leaving it for ten minutes, uninstalling Facebook app and even putting a piece of paper between the battery... But nothing worked.

Then when I updated to os6, figuring that was my last chance, it still wouldn't work.

Some more searching online indicated that no one really knew a solution, so I went ahead and bought a new curve (9360), since my 9300 was pretty old anyway (though it still did everything I wanted, only using it for  whatsapp, maps and to play some poker..and calling/texting of course...).

Yesterday the curve 9360 arrived, and I was thinking the trouble would be over but when I put in my SIM card, the same problem as before.... Only emergency calls....

So again I spent my whole evening trying to find a solution, reinstalling the os and fiddling with different setting but nothing worked(again)....

Only when I set network selection mode to manual, and selected 2g instead of 3g, it seemed to work for a moment. I did this a few times, the first 2 tries didn't seem to work (although the connection bar did change from SOS to just regular blocks, I could not place calls) and one time I got a few texts from the day before, but then the connection failed again.

I really have no clue what to do now, beginning to feel pretty desperate tbh. I always liked blackberry (really hate touchscreen with a passion) but if I can't solve this I might not have another choice.....

BTW it seems that my SIM card is fine, I've tried it with an old nokia and no problems calling/texting there... Only to use whatsapp and maps I will need something newer, still have an LG (with touchscreen and android) lying around but I'd rather die than go back to that piece of sh*t...Ok not really but you get the idea...

Does anyone happen to have an idea what to do next? I would be much obliged.

edit: Tried the suggestions on this page but didn't work either...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB03448&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

edit2: Left the battery out overnight and now it's working again.... Strange, but I'm happy Smiley Happy