Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Curve 9300 black screen

Although my battery indicator reads full or nearly so, my screen will go black at random intervals, most often after using the device (phone/email) for several minutes. It will not reboot if the battery is pulled, but it will reboot if plugged in whether the battery has been pulled or not. In other words, once the screen is black it will reboot if plugged in with the battery in place.

I have tried wiping the device of all settings and data once, but the problem remains after restore. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Mark 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: Curve 9300 black screen

Hi @mnardis!  Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy Try doing the following: 

Try another battery

Insert a different fully-charged battery into the BlackBerry smartphone and allow it to boot up to the Home screen. If the device remains powered on, the issue lies with the battery. Replace the BlackBerry smartphone battery.

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to a computer

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to a computer using a USB charging cable. Allow the BlackBerry smartphone to fully charge.

Update the BlackBerry Device Software

You can download the latest version of Blackberry Device Software from www.blackberry.com/update. Follow the instructions on the screen to download the latest version currently available from your wireless service provider.

Goodluck! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks, Mondi. I've tried charging using USB and my software is up to date, but the device still fails. Before investing in another battery, there's one other fact that might be relevant. I've noticed that the failure never occurs as long as the phone is plugged in to a power source. It only happens while on battery, even though the battery shows full charge. Sounds like the battery is defective/failing?? What do you think?

Mark

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Yes I'm thinking the battery is faulty already. But try this first, Remove the battery  and wait for 90 minutes before plugging back in, This will reset the battery meter. Good luck!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks for your continued support. I pulled the battery overnight. Same problem - when the device is under a load (phone call, email, etc.) using only the battery it will go dark after several minutes of use. It cannot be rebooted without plugging in. It does not go dark while plugged in. I've ordered a new battery. Hopefully that is the solution.