Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: telus

Curve 9300 gets timer on screen for ten minutes at a time apps all deleted, everything closed. still....

Please help me, Im at my wits end and about to stomp on my blackberry. The last couple weeks everytime I push a button it gets the timer up. its faster to take the battery out at this point than wait for the timer. drives me nuts!

So I searched for fixes and all anyone says is to make sure all apps "close", Well I deleted all my apps and closed all the ones I cant delete.

Still happens!

I held down alt and pressed lglg and deleted the event log,

Still Happens!

Deleted everything saved on the internet from cookies to passwords.

Still Happens!

I reset my phone by taking out the battery for 5 min a few times a day

Still Happens!

What is going on here? Theres no way Im buying another blackberry if I can't fix this.

I have lots of memory because everything is deleted, Am I not allowed to have 1 app on my pos bb?

HELP! 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9300 gets timer on screen for ten minutes at a time apps all deleted, everything closed. still....

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Re: Curve 9300 gets timer on screen for ten minutes at a time apps all deleted, everything closed. still....

Thanks for your help, however my phone has no escape key, and there have been no new apps installed. to be honest I find the apps useless.

Like I said previously, I have deleted everything from my phone trying to fix the problem. apps, history, event log, all of it

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Every pre-BB10 BB has an ESC key...it's the one with the arrow turning back on itself.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Ok thank you very much, my phone works great in safe mode. can I just keep it in safe mode?

I dont know what Im suppose to change while in safemode. I have no apps.

Nothng changed before it starting failing

Hall of Famer III

Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool, not for normal operation. While you say you have no apps, that just can't be accurate...Safe Mode blocks the auto-launching of all add-on and 3rd party apps, so as to determine if perhaps one of them is the culprit. Your result indicates that to be TRUE. Hence, you next need to look at your add-on and 3rd party apps to determine which might be the cause. It can be a matter of trial and error -- delete one, reboot to normal, if things are still messed up, then that wasn't the one, so move onto the next one...keep repeating until you find the one that is the cause:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

The reverse approach is to cleanly reload your OS with nothing optional whatsoever. If things rung clean, then add just one item. Repeat that until the problem presents...then you know the culprit (the last thing you loaded).

Good luck!

Contributor

Well, I kept in in safe mode for the day. cursor stopped working for about an hour, thought I was going to have to buy a new phone today. Works now though. 

Still have my original problem though

The only apps I have left are whatsapp and bbm. 

And I ve had them for 2 years before this problem. I still cant figure it out. 

I just deleted whatsapp. still have the same problem. its honestly faster to pull the battery before every use than to push a button. Is there a way to reset it to factory settings?

Hall of Famer III

protecturneck wrote:

Well, I kept in in safe mode for the day. cursor stopped working for about an hour, thought I was going to have to buy a new phone today. Works now though. 

Still have my original problem though

I'm confused...the problem still happens in Safe Mode? I don't understand...

protecturneck wrote:

And I ve had them for 2 years before this problem. I still cant figure it out.  

Sometimes things just fail. OS Corruption. Hardware failure. Etc. etc. etc. All are possible. We can't truly diagnose here...all we can do is conduct various processes to hopefully deduce to a most likely root cause. If you want a true and fast diagnosis, you must take your BB to a qualified technician who can examine it in their hands. We can only do so much at an internet distance.

protecturneck wrote:

I just deleted whatsapp. still have the same problem. its honestly faster to pull the battery before every use than to push a button.

???

protecturneck wrote:

Is there a way to reset it to factory settings? 

Yes, there is a specific command for that. But it does not reload your OS, so if the problem happens to be within your OS itself, conducting that won't help.

Tell me how you'd like to proceed. Your choices are to continue with the deductive diagnostic processes we can give you versus seeking in-person support.

Let us know.

Contributor

Id love to try any other ideas you have rather than bringing it in and getting charged.

Any help you can give me would be great! 

Thank you

Hall of Famer III

Well, you could start by answering the other questions I asked you above...you answered the final question, but none of the others I asked in that post. For example, from what you've so far said, I cannot tell what happened with the Safe Mode attempt. And that's the first step in deciding how to proceed...depending on what happened there, your next step may be different, so I need to understand what happened with that.