Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Tesco

Curve 9320 - Email (Set up Wizard)

Hi 

I have recently changed email from btinternet to sky and I now need to accept emails from sky on my mobile. I have amended my bbm details so I has my correct email address. 

I went to Set up wizard - email accounts but nothing is happening???? 

I need a step by step guide on how to enable this, please HELP. 

Clare

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9320 - Email (Set up Wizard)

Hello,

There seems to be a bit of confusion...so let's first try to clear things up (for the benefit of others who may read this...it's always best that they find accurate information).

Iddon73 wrote:

I have recently changed email from btinternet to sky and I now need to accept emails from sky on my mobile. I have amended my bbm details so I has my correct email address. 

Your "bbm details" don't have an email address. Rather, your BBID (which is associated to your entire BB, not merely BBM) has an email address associated to it for recovery and other purposes. I assume this is what you meant.

Iddon73 wrote:

I went to Set up wizard - email accounts but nothing is happening???? 

I need a step by step guide on how to enable this, please HELP.

So, you tried the on-device email setup wizard, selecting it, but nothing at all happened? At what point in that process...I cannot quite tell for sure where it actually stopped.

There are multiple methods to set up your email:

1. The on-device email setup wizard or the BIS web interface (from PC):
    • KB10154 How to integrate a POP or IMAP email account through advanced integration
  2. Via your BB Browser:
  3. By contacting your mobile service provider for assistance

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................