Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: BT

Curve 9320 Ringtones

Just got a new Curve 9320 and can't find the installed ringtones.

I go onto Profile/Change Sounds & Alerts/Phone Ringtone and the Ringtone box just gives me All Music/All Voice Notes/All Alerts. When choosing All Alerts the message is "No Ringtones". Surely there are some default ringtones installed on the phone but where can I find them?

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Curve 9320 Ringtones

Go to the blackberry website, download blackberry desktop software, plug your phone into your computer, click update, and reload your current software.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boostmobile

Go to media then look for Ring Tones & Alerts. The icon is a phone with a music symol above it. I hope you find it easily.

Forums Advisor II

Yes, that would be were the ringtones would be stored, but there seems to be a software glitch, that's why you should reload your software
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Doesn't work - ANY of that!  My DEFAULT ringtones have gone and they aren't anywhere on the PC-backup via the BB Desktop Software or on the phone.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

Hi all, unfortunately it seems that there is a known issue with the software on certain models not recognising the pre-installed Wallpapers and Ringtones as "protected content" so if the device is wiped [through incorrect password entry or by chosing to do a security wipe] then these basic files will be deleted.

The KB35182 article provides a bit more information on this and suggests some possible fixes.

We have had success at reinstalling the Operating System via the Desktop Software and as long as you choose to update to a version of software newer than 7.1.0 bundle 2940/2941 it should prevent it happening again.

Hope that helps a little to understand what is happening, and i hope you can get your devices fixed

Forums Advisor II

Very helpful.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Thanks for the advice.  since posting my issue, my company IT guy insisted on returning the phone to BB for repair...no self-fixes allowed here!  Mind you not got it back yet...

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: EE

This is the most recent URL to download ringtones from Blackberry support.

http://blackberry.com/support/ringtones/9320/9320_ML_4.0.0.72_ringtones.jad

Hopoe this helps...