Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Curve 9320 Won't Sync with desktop manger 7.1

[ Edited ]

I've bought a bb curve 9320 second hand.  It has been wiped and I've loaded up the latest desktop manager software.  Despite a hard reboot of the phone, enabling mass storage etc.  My computer will not recognize the phone.  At all.  It doesn't even show it as a mass storage device.  I've seen this posted about a bit but nobody has come up with a solution that I've seen.  I'm pretty disappointed in the software as a first time BB user, I have to admit. Smiley Sad

I'm running Windows 7, SP 1

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Cell C and 8ta

Re: Curve 9320 Won't Sync with desktop manger 7.1

Are you using a cable when connecting your phone to the pc?  If so, three options come up, choose USB.  Your phone screen should show a phone and computer syncing.  If not, and it still isn't recognising your device, have you considered that your cable might be faulty?  Sorry this is such a low-level suggestion.  I'm also using a 9320, downloaded the latest Desktop Software and everything is working fine.

New Contributor

Thanks for trying to help, no problem about low techSmiley Happy.  I am using a USB cable yes, I only have successfully used it for charging thus far that I can think of, but if it were faulty I don't think it would work at all.  Is it possible that it only works as a charging cable?  I don't know.  Maybe I'll keep my eye out for another one, just to try it and be sure.  I would be happy if this were the solution...

Highlighted
New Contributor

My problem appears to have been solved.  I hadn't thought that a USB cable would be strictly for charging but apparently the previous cable I was using was either solely for charging or was damaged for data usage.  I think the former is the case, which surprises me.  Anyways, low tech worked this time: I purchased a new cable specifically stating it was for charging AND data sync and it worked.