Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

Curve 9320 Youtube app redirecting to Desktop Youtube

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I've recently been having this problem with my phones Youtube app redirecting from the Mobile site to the desktop site. The phone doesn't handle the desktop version of youtube, thus making the browser crash all together.

I've done a search for this issue and the only work-around I've seen is to download Opera Mini, but it does not display the mobile youtube half as well as the default browser.

Clicking on the "Mobile Version" on the bottom of the page only makes it redirect once again to the Desktop version, by the way.

Any help would be appriciated!

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Re: Curve 9320 Youtube app redirecting to Desktop Youtube

Fixed it! Apparently some nasty cookie was making it redirect straight to the desktop version.

Should have tried that first. Can't -seem- to find a way to mark this as fixed though.

My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Curve 9320 Youtube app redirecting to Desktop Youtube

To clarify; within the browser, press the options button on device, go to options near the bottom, scroll down to the bottom of options, select all the checkmark thingies ( or just cookies ) and click reset.