Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin

Curve 9320 bbm not activating.."accessing I'd"

I have a blackberry curve 9320 and trying to set up my bbm is proving a pain. It keeps accessing blackberry I'd and not shifting to getting connected. I tried installing version 6 as advised by the forum, but nothing appears to be working. Can someone with technical experience please advise?

Its a brand new phone received for Xmas and its a shame that I cannot get this working!!! HELP

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Curve 9320 bbm not activating.."accessing I'd"

Please make sure you are connected to the internet and you have a Blackberry Data Plan with your Carrier.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

I have tried uploading v6 as it was deemed to be easier to access bbm. Is that true?
Forums Veteran I

it depends on your phone.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Version 6 cannot be found on my phone (9320), so I have reinstalled version7 again! I know it's going to say that it is accessing my messenger ID again. Is their a problem with version 7? I guess that this problem cannot be resolved?
Forums Veteran I

BBM 7 is different from BBM6.x because the latest version integrates all your contacts to your Blackberry ID. On the initial setup, you have to have your Blackberry ID entered.

New Contributor

That's the thing that is causing confusion. I have entered my ID and its still stuck on " Associating BBM with your blackberry ID" it just does not seem to be able to associate it!
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

Please make sure that you are connected to the internet while you do that, preferably a WiFi connection.

New Contributor

Again, I am connected to a wifi. This is not as simple as you first thought. Thanks for your help anyway, but its just not happening. I will contact Virgin tomorrow and get them to sort it out!

Thanks
Forums Veteran I

It is. as a matter of fact, I deal with it every time I update my phone. Good luck then. Smiley Wink