Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Accepted Solution

Curve 9320 email problem

Hi all!

the email function on my 9320 is not working properly. I have successfully set up my gmail account on mydevice and I recieve emails and get notifications when they arrive, HOWEVER...

When I open the email all I can see is the subject heading and who it is from, there is no body of the message. Looking back through my old emails, the only ones I have been able to read fully are the ones I recieved from blackberry when I first set up my email confirming the setup. if I select reply or forward, it opens up the email draft but then the email app closes down completely and I am brought suddenly to my home screen.

What I have tried so far: 

-turning device off and on again

-deleting and setting up my email account again

-bringing the device to where I bought it. they suggested downloading the blackberrydesktop manager on my PC and backing up then restoring my phone. I did this with no change in my blackberry's behavior

Any help or advice is much appreciated

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9320 email problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should consider a full OS reload...to prepare, please review the Backup link in my auto sig on this post.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

THANK YOU!!

I completed your 3 steps and I can now read my emails!

my browser problem was also fixed, thank you very much.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Excellent, I am glad they worked for your situation. You are most welcome indeed. Cheers!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9320 BLACKBERRY CURVE
My Carrier: VODACOM

I have a problem with my email account,I deleted my email from the setting by mistake now I'm trying to access my email it fails to open and tells to update a wizard,I would like to help to re-install my account from my bb settings so that I can be able to open it manual,please help me I used 9320 blackberry curve.
Hall of Famer III

Hello,

Please be more clear in your words...I cannot figure out what you posted is your statements versus error messages you see. Please be very clear, step by step, of what you do and the results of each step, including the exact and complete content of any error messages presented.

Also, please be sure to do what is already recommended in post 2 above.