Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: LIME, TIM

Curve 9320 - new SIM card, BBM service not working?

I recently moved to Brazil from Barbados (three weeks ago) and I bought a sim card from one of the local service providers - named TIM. My service provider in Barbados is called LIME, and before I left, a rep at LIME told me that I should turn off my BBM service when I traveled, since the prices would be ridiculous due to roaming. Two nights before I went overseas, I had LIME take off my BBM service.

When I got to Brazil, I got a new sim card, and asked for service to be put on. That night, BBM, WhatsApp, everything was working fine. Then the next morning, and since then, BBM hasn't been working - I can't receive contact updates or messages, and everytime I send out a message, there is a red X next to it. Only WhatsApp is working. Also, the built in browser and facebook apps don't work anymore. 

I've gone to the service provider three times since then, and noone's been able to help me. It's pretty frustrating. 

Any idea how I can get BBM back on my phone? It was my main way of keeping in contact with people back home in Barbados. 

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Curve 9320 - new SIM card, BBM service not working?

Hi CarlieBim,

When you purchase a new BlackBerry smartphone from a provider, the device is locked to that provider. This means, unless you have it unlocked by your current provider, you will be unable to use any BlackBerry services on the new one.  I would recommend contacting your provider in Barbados regarding unlocking your device to work on another network.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!