07-21-2013 02:59 PM
Ive got a curve 9320 and its due a software up date i have tried doing it online and through the bb desktop software but it wont update. everytime i go to update it it does the bakup process and starts to update but gets to about 82% and then a box comes up saying" please verify your internet connection or try again later it has been saying this all day everytime i have tried i dont know what else there is to do. i know you can do it through the phone but when i check for updates on my phone it says its up to date but my computer says different.
please can someone help me i really dont know what else to do as i do not wish to goto a shop to pay for the update.
07-21-2013 03:50 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
For some reason, it appears that, via the automatic means, the Desktop Software is unable to properly download what it requires to your PC (for it's use in loading to your BB). So, you need to defeat the automatic method, and instead take control with the manual method.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!