Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Curve 9320 - update software, now phone doesn't work

Hi all,

Hope you can help. I connected my BB Curve to my computer to transfer some music files. The Desktop software opened, and after backing up my files, I got the message that a newer version of software is available for my phone. So I clicked to update the software, and the updating began. It got to this stage:

From that point on, all my BB does is reboot, then shows a corrupted legal notice, then shows 'Error Code 606 reset'

Please help me get my phone working again - I've left the update screen running, in the hope it will do the restore section of the update program, and my BB is still connected.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Curve 9320 - update software, now phone doesn't work

Not to worry.  Smiley Happy

Despite what BlackBerry Desktop Software says not to do, I'd like you to unplug your phone from your PC.  Once you've done that, shut down BDS then plug your phone back in and start up BDS again.  Your phone should connect to BDS and it should tell you to update your OS (again).  Just go ahead and redo the process.  For some reason, sometimes an OS update doesn't take the first time and you have to restart; this has happened to me on more than one occasion before.

If after plugging your phone back in to your PC you can't get connected to BDS, have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response BillJ. That's reassuring. I'll give it a go and let you know what happens.

New Contributor

Hi BillJ,

Many thanks - it's back and running now.

I've lost all the downloaded apps, and BB world, but everything else is there, and it works. 

Thanks again.

My Device: 9320 curve
My Carrier: tesco

hi, ive tried ur suggestion twice and both times my phone stops half way thru re booting, can u plz help