Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Curve 9360 Battery issues?

Hey, I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem or not but....

I've just gotten this phone not to long ago and I'm finding the battery does not last anylonger then 2 hours ...

I have the phone more for business I can't keep having my phone die any ideas on how I can fix this?

Regards,
Aaron
AyeazzaEntertainment CEO
New Contributor

Re: Curve 9360 Battery issues?

Anyone? :l.

This is getting redicoulous. I'm about to compleatly toss the phone... I've missed like 6 calls because of the battery life..
My Device: Blackberry 9360
My Carrier: Cell C

I'm having the same battery problem.I only had my phone for a week now and the battery doesn't last longer then 2hourd even on standby.it also over heats and it get really hot
New Contributor

Exactly the same I've had my phone for just under a month. This is some bs deffinitly moving to an iPhone or Andorid no wonder why RIM is going bankrupt
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: Koodo

I have the same issues. You must go into each app and not allow it to use constant monitoring. Such as weather Maps, facebook etc THE BATTERY SUCKS IN THIS 9360 CURVE
Visitor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone RO

I've got my BB 9360 yesterday, an upgrade from the 9300 3G.

I've heard all the concerns about the battery too. I don't know how true they are. After discharging the battery completely and charging it for 45 minutes (full), I've had about 90 minutes of talk time, 30 texts, about 10 emails received and two emails replied. 

Also about 20 minutes of note taking and entering tasks. 

Brightness 100%, wi-fi off, bluetooth off with a small exception today, for about 30 minutes. Two resource intensive apps in the background (Todo matrix and idea matrix) which were constantly picked up by the application analyzer.

I've also watched about 10 minutes of video and listened to about 15 minutes of music. My battery today (I guess 14 hours so far) is around 25% left. I will charge it soon but it's not as bad as I've heard it here (as 12 hours in stand-by).

So as far as I can see, it works for about 12 hours - medium to intensive use which is not actually bad. 

However, if I would start the wi-fi and NFC connection and use the bluetooth headset all the time, I'm sure it would drop in half and fast. 

It's still far, far away from 9300 3G which allowed 5 - 7 hours of voice and I used to charge it every 3 days, but it's functional. Far from perfect, but functional.

Here are some tips to save battery life based on my experience with BB devices:

-> Change the 3G connection to 2G. Yes, it will kill the capabilities of a BB but it will increase the battery life dramatically.

-> Close background apps. While most apps are not resource intensive (especially those from RIM) third party apps tend to lack optimization and eat away at your processing power.

-> Disable wi-fi when you are not using it. The same can be said about NFC. 

-> Bluetooth is a huge battery drainer so be prepared to sacrifice 50% of the battery life if you are using an headset.

-> Disable automatic FB / Twitter updates. I keep them closed as they are eating away my BIS traffic. However, even on Wi-fi I don't let it refresh my RSS / Twitter / Facebook automatically. The same can be said about Google Chat. It's enough that you have BB Messenger on all the time, you don't need a second app.

-> Do not install battery saver apps. They look nice but they hardly ever do anything. 

-> Disable the "online" search function. Each time you are looking for something you'll also receive suggestions from Google.com. If you want to search on Google, just use the dedicated icon. Don't let it connect online for each name or keyword you may care to enter.

-> I haven't seen any significative improvement based on the vibration / sound features so simply use whatever works best for you. I let it vibrate three times per SMS / no notification per email / normal ringtone for phone calls.

I've also heard about heating issues with the BB 9360. I've failed to see any. Maybe this is a new built of this phone, but even after intensive use the cover didn't heat a bit. Oh, and don't forget to get an active holster. Aside from the fact that it will lock your phone each time you insert it / protect it it will also save you battery by sending to background any application you may have opened.

Razvan