Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Curve 9360, have done security wipe and still randomly reboots, need help/advice

[ Edited ]

I've had my blackberry for about 10 months and had no previous problems however all of a sudden it has started rebooting randomly on its own. I have read through forums etcetc and done resets and a security wipe and still the problem persists, unbelievably irritating as it is about the 9th time today it has rebooted on its own. Any help would be appreciated!

Oh and of course my insurance has ended so there is no option to take it back.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Curve 9360, have done security wipe and still randomly reboots, need help/advice

Hello TomUlset and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Does your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9360 smartphone display any error when this reboot happens? If so, what is that error?

Try doing a software reload as shown in KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows or KB19915 Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer to see if this issue persists.

Should the device continue to reboot then contact your point of sale for hardware repair options. 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Curve 9360, have done security wipe and still randomly reboots, need help/advice

Hello

If the problem after following, Hmthepriates' advice then try not using 3G/2G settings in networks options. Stick to either "3G only" or "2G only" settings. Some noticed when reception is poor and phone struggles to hold reception it reboots.