Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Curve 9360 keeps rebooting! Help!!

Hi

My blackberry curve 9360 got stuck while trying to upgrade the "evernote" app. I waited for 10 mins but then pulled out the battery to do a hard reset. Now the phone keeps rebooting in a continuous loop.

It shows the loading screen and when the bar is complete, the red LED turns on and the screen just stays blank. If i press any kep the loading bar appears again as empty and goes onto complete and then again the red LED turns on.

I can't connect to PC through the Desktop software and it shows an error with Retry, Update and Close options. Tried "Retry" many times and update says no new updates for your phone but can't still connect.

I can't find the Apploader folder mentioned in some posts from where you can get the device to connect in my "Research In Motion" folder in Program files. Maybe because I'm on OS 7 or the desktop software is another version.

Please help me on how to get my device back on. I am ready to lose the data if there is some way to do a hardware reset or OS reinstall which doesnt require the phone to boot. Thanks a lot!

New Contributor

Re: Curve 9360 keeps rebooting! Help!!

[SOLVED]
Used apploader found in program files (x86)\common files\research in motion

and blackberry os 7 from another forum post on this forum.
Visitor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: tata docomo

same problem of rebooting continuously is happening with my curve 9360. Help me Also.

New Contributor

Sure, firstly are you comfortable uninstalling and installing software on your desktop? And be prepared to find your curve in brand new software condition.
Mention what operating system you have and uninstal any research in motion or blackberry software from your computer.
Then go to the official OS releases post on this forum under BB curve section and get thr Redington (India) file in Asia section.
Install that exe file.
Connect your phone to computer via USB.
Look for Apploader under program files - common files - reseacher in motion
In that folder run loader.exe and follow instructions to change system software.
My Carrier: T-mobile

I have this problem to, I download 'kik messenger' and didn't like it so I deleted it and it asked gave me a message that it would delete during restart so the phone restarted and when it came back on it switched itself off again and now keeps rebooting, what can I do about this? Only had my phone over a month and this isn't a good start, I've tried taking out the battery, removing the sim, the memory card, cleaning it; but its still not having it! Please HELP!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9360
My Carrier: MTN

The same happened to me on the 29th of December and I purhased the phone the 29th of November.

Took it back to my service provider (MTN) and now they are saying that I opened the phone and my warranty was terminated.

They did not even replace the handset and decline to give me a new phone!

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: vodafone

can you give me the link of the forum.... ??

New Contributor
My Carrier: koodo

Mine is doing the same thing, but I can't connect it to my computer, since I have a Mac.. Someone please help!!

the same thing happened to my curbe 9360. i got it on a saturday, that friday i dropped it by accident and the battery popped out. On any normal phone, dropping it once should still make it work, but when i put the battery back in it kept on restarting and wouldnt stop.

I got my 2nd curve on saturday (the next day), and on monday night, without me dropping it or anything, it began infinitely restarting. the red light was on and i thought i had a message, but it just began restarting.

i got my 3rd curve tuesday (the following day), but the one the store gave me had deffective, sunken in buttons.

I went back later that day and am now on my 4th and hopefully final curve.

RIM is going out of business.

New Contributor
My Carrier: koodo

Yay I fixed mine Smiley Very Happy here's what I did:

Download blackberry desktop software: http://ca.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Open blackberry desktop software and plug blackberry into computer

A message will pop up on your computer saying device is rebooting or something, click on the button that says fix or repair and then wait..