Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: BB curve 9360

Curve 9360 - low on application storage!

Hi,

If I look at Application storage, I can see following.

System - 249 MB

Application - 64 MB

others - 143 MB

free - 22 MB

What is "others" taking place of my application storage and how can I free the same?

Please help!

Regards..

Milind

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9360 - low on application storage!

Hi milindmrane

I believe this " Other " Include your browser cache, cookies, and installation files for applications  and it may increase with time and usages.

If you want to free it a little then you can format your memory card after a backup , but as said it will increase with  time and usage.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince2012,

OK, but it will increase with time and also not much memory will be free!!  so is there any way i can reset my phone on factory settings?

Elite II

Hi there,

You don't need to reset your device to factory setting because of this issue , even if you reset your device to factory setting you won't get this section " Other " to nil forever , while using your device this section of working memory will increase .

But : 

milindmarane wrote :

If I look at Application storage, I can see following.

System - 249 MB

Application - 64 MB

others - 143 MB

free - 22 MB

Your device is already suffering from low memory , 22MB is not enough to run your device smoothly .So to get rid of this issue you have to increase your Application memory , which you can achieve by deleting a few apps that you use rarely , performing a battery pull restart at regular interval ( Atleast once in a day ) . Clear your message box by deleting any old and unwanted emails or text messages , don't store any media files in your device memory but store then in your media card if you have .

So first delete few application ( that you use rarely or don't require much ) that you installed in your device . After that check again if your free memory increases or not .

Also refer to this KB on how to increase your application memory :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Try those and post back with result , further if you believe you need to reset your device to factory setting then I prefer performing a security wipe which include User application is enough .

Try it and let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your advise. but deleting some appswas not helping me as the "other" storage was increasing day by day. What I did now and happy for is, I have done a security wipe of my device. this wiped everything from my device, but who cares as i got my required data back from BB protect. Also lot of memory is freee now, and with all my apps i use. the memory status:

System : 249 MB

Applications: 64 MB

Others: 43 MB

Free : 123 MB

Happy to use "security wipe". But not recommending it to all.

Regards...  

Elite II

Hi milindmrane 

I glad you're able to achieve that you desired .. But from now on please don't Install any unwanted apps , Install only those that really need .

Take care.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: t-mobile

try going on homescreen and holding alt. press dowl 'l g l g' and it will come up with event log.... delete the event log and your phone will be muvh faster

Elite II

scrollerwillnotkillme wrote:

try going on homescreen and holding alt. press dowl 'l g l g' and it will come up with event log.... delete the event log and your phone will be muvh faster

Hi there,

Its a good idea to clear event logs files but only clearing those event logs will not resolve the OP !