Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: +919971715962

Curve 9380 heat up

hi, I have purchaed Blackberry 9380 from mobile store 6 months back.

but from the very first day its chrome body is loosed and having vibration.

Also while using phone continouslly for 15 minutes, it got heat up and not able to use it or even hold.

irrespective of function i am using, whether it is calling or listening songs or surfing internet. same problem persisits.

I ahve visited many times to support center in faridabad but he is continouslly ignoring, he laways asks me to come another day or some other time.

and when i asked strictly then he told me that he cannot do anything, its your luck.

pleae help me.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9380 heat up

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

100% of your financial and contractual arrangement is between you and your original place of purchase. The (and/or an authorized service center) are 100% responsible for ALL of your support, including warranty service and support (from your description, this does sound like a warrant-supported issue). BUT -- the terms of your contract are determined by your original purchase records. RIM provides a 1-year warranty, but that is serviced by the authorized resellers...and I have heard of cases where the place of purchase imposes a different warranty period on their customers...if such is the case, it overrides the RIM warranty. Your contract is between you and your place of purchase...your escalation path is with them. If this person is fobbing you off as you say, then you need to escalate to his management.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: +919971715962

no I have authenticated purchase point. and the problem is service center support. service center is authorised bepy blackberry and even details flashing on blackberry website. in short question us customer support. This is not a solution.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Nor is this forum you are posting in a place to seek any formal solution. This site is a user-to-user community, not a user-to/from-RIM formal channel of communication. Hence, my prior post stands...you must escalate with the service center and/or your original place of purchase and/or your local consumer protection agencies. If you wish to bypass your formal channels, then you must use other methods (e.g., fee-based Incident Support, finding formal RIM contact information on RIM.COM, etc.).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: virgin mobile

if you have tried to follow the stores complaints procedure and found the result to be unsatisfactory, you can alway inform them of your intention to enquire about your problem with trading standards (not an idle threat, but an intention to seek a proper legal solution) at the very least trading standards will be able to investigate the problem and make sure that, assuming the store is liable, enforce the warranty supplied with purchase of your phone. most electronic equipment comes with at least a 1 year guarantee of workmaship. you can always quote that goods are expected to last a reasonable amount of time for the price paid (probably not the correct wording, you may have to look into it; but quoting phrases from the actually legislation can be helpfull) under the consumer rights act. if its an issue with the network provider, then they are still responsible, but after following their complaints procedure; you need to contact ofcom; who deal specifically with violations of contract in the telecommunications sector. i hope this information was helpfull. good luck to you and i hope you get a mobile you can actually use Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: virgin mobile

just thought, the problem is most likely with the battery itself, rather than the phone. go to the shop and show the shopkeeper, the over heating problem, then ask him if you can try a different battery in the phone. but wait for the phone to cool down first
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: Airtel

Me with same problem...