Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Curve 9380 software update error

Hi,

I plugged my phone into the computer, opened the blackberry desktop software application, (I have the latest version) and it found an update for my phone. V7.1 Bundle 1133 (V7.1.0.336) for the Curve 9380. When I click update device, it says that "updated Blackberry desktop software component must be installed before you can continue". so I click install, then " There was an error updating your software. An error has occured while downloading the Blackberry desktop software. please try again" Iv tried several times.

Is there another way of updating my phone?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9380 software update error

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You should probably do a clean removal of the Desktop Software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Followed by a new download/install of it to your PC:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................