Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Curve Camera Won't Start?! Help?

the camera on my Curve won't start, every time I try to open it it says "Could Not Start Camera.  Close other applications and try opening the camera again"  The only thing is, I don't have any other applications open that I know of and no matter if I turn it off/on, take out the battery, etc the camera just won't start.  Any suggestions/solutions?  THANKS!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Curve Camera Won't Start?! Help?

When you mention that you took out the battery, did you do this while the device was still powered on? If not, then do it that way. Remove the battery from the device while the device is still powered on. Leave it out for 30 seconds, then reinsert.

The camera in my new curve won't start either. same message. R+R battery did not help. something else to try?

I have a 8320 too and it is doing the same thing after having it 2 weeks! I've tried everything in this thread and other's too and see that a lot of people are having this problem. Surely there is more information available on the cause and solutution. I can't believe there isn't anything on Blackberry's support site!
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do we let the blackberry folks know without paying for support?  I can't even find a way to send an e-mail?