Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Curve Verizon and outlook calendar - MAJOR ISSUES

I am new to Blackberry and sorry I purchased the curve. The curve DELETED 90% of my outlook calendar BUT the calendar remains on the curve. After four hrs between Blackberry and Verizon I was told this is a known issue and won't be a fix till the bold is released which they said would be late summer or fall. I find this to be TOTALLY unacceptable - does anyone have any suggestions other than to dump it?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Curve Verizon and outlook calendar - MAJOR ISSUES

youi mean you have no backup of your outlook database ?
I didn't have he problem when I got my Curve.

Question is : whar issue is that exactly ? Did they provide an incident number or a bug tracker on rim's website ? did they label that known issue ?

Moreover, which 90% did the curve seemingly deleted ? Does the sync work properly now ? What's done is done, do you still have problems ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

My backup for outlook was the Blackberry - doubtful I would lose both. Yes, I still have the problem and have an incident number. The issue was for the first month I owned it - no problems. Then one day my outlook calendar looked bare and is when I noticed I had a problem. They can not get the calendar events off my blackberry to update outlook. Unfortunately, I'm being held hostage by Blackberry until they release the next version.
Guru I

Some people on the forum have RIM as their employer... Maybe you could give the RIM incident number and they could tell if the bug is being adressed and if it will be fixed in the next handheld OS.

Are you sure it's a common problem ? If it is, there I agree : it's a major issue.
But I don't think so, for the sole reason that the standard Blackberry does not erase anything from the Exchange server, except emails if you purposely tell him to.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

First - thank you for responding to my messages. I was told that this would not be fixed until the release of the bold. If a RIM employee would like to investigate the case number is 5332225. Also, Lucas, a supervisor at blackberry validated the information. If anyone could help - I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!
Guru I

I don't work at RIM.

Concerning the Bold, it is released with Handheld OS 4.6.
The newest HandheldOS for the Curve is 4.5, not released by every US carrier yet (only AT&T if I recall correctly).
I don't think 4.6 will be available for the Curve soon.

RIM guys : could you maybe give some more information regarding this case ? It is indeed pretty scary ? All of a sudden, I feel a very lucky man (even though I have backups of my Outlook database)

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

What version of the desktop software were you using when this happened? I have not heard of this type of problem, and when I searched for a related incident all I got was your post.

Let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

I've never seen that happen either.

What version Outlook and Desktop Manager are you using?

New Contributor

I'm using Outlook 2002 and Desktop Manager is 4.3.0.17. We did reload Desktop Manager and configured it but still had the same problem. We tried creating a NEW outlook Calendar and still wouldn't syncronize. I don't understand how Blackberry is making me wait months to resolve my problem. If I lose my blackberry calendar Im doomed. Anyone have other ideas?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Since you are at an impasse, it would be worth trying the latest version of Desktop Software which is Ver 4.5.

I have included a link at the bottom of the post.

I have seen a few posts where Outlook 2000 had problems with a newer ver of Desktop software, and they solved it by downgrading to your ver 4.3. I have Outlook 2003 and Desktop Software 4.5. It works fine. There may be an issue with the Outlook version and the Desktop Software versions. At the top of the page under software is where you can get the software for future reference. Here is the link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Please let me know if this helps.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter