Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Curve heat issue

So for the past three days now, I've had an overheating issue with my Curve.

Yesterday, it was in my pocket, the day before it was on mydesk at work, today it was on a counter at home.

In all instances, the phone has been close to a full charge, but not on a charger. I go to check my phone, and it's hot, even though it hasn't been used for a while. The battery is completely drained within 30 minutes of me noticing this.

What is going on?

Every heat issue thread I've seen here relates to heating while in use, which I understand is normal. My issue occurs when the phone is not being used.

Anyone?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Curve heat issue

Hello

Are you getting a good data coverage? If the phone makes an extra effort to provide you a good coverage, it also eats up battery life more than usual.

You may try checking this thread:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Curve heat issue

Coverage has never been an issue. The issue has happened both at home and work, which are 30km from each other, so if it was a coverage problem, it would have to be pretty widespread. Besides, wife's BlackBerry has never had an issue.