Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Curve keeps overheating and draining battery

I have a Curve 9300, I was having antennae problems with it, so I took it into the local Rogers, and had it sent out for repair. I was given a rental 9300 for the time being; so now about 2 weeks I wake up in the middle of the night to the smell of something burning. Sure enough, the phone had gotten so hot that it gave of a burning smell and when I turned it on, the screen had a "pressure crack" across 3/4 of it.

When I took it to the local Rogers store, the customer service told me that it was customer damage and that I will be paying for it.

Never again will I own another black berry as all I have had is problems since I got mine not even a year ago.

My Device: Curve 8530

holy **bleep**! that's funny that you say that though because I took my "insurance replacement" blackberry in to my local Verizon wireless store and by the grace of god got a nice customer service rep who sympathized with me and understood my frustration and he called the insurance company (who is it again....ummm I'm drawing a blank). Anyways, they sent me another phone and it was a step up, a blackberry 9330, well about 2 weeks after having it, it started doing the same thing! I'm so fed up with blackberry's esp after all their network outages. My phone gets so hot, esp while plugged in, I almost have (not-quite blisters, but like when you burn yourself with a flat iron) on my fingers!

-Anti-Blackberry!

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9930
My Carrier: verizon

Blackberry keeps overheating and draining battery

I think somehow a virus got into my phone, which is the reason why it over heats and battery life dies after 2 hrs. I did a security wipe numerous times deleted all my apps and finally my 9850 started working normally but that was after I was send yet another phone the 9930 witch is currently bringing me back to square 1. Somehow when transferring data from one phone to another; the overheating and draining transfers to the next. I need help figuring out what I did right because I don’t know what I did right on the 9850 witch I have to send back, I like the 9930 might as well keep it...lol

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry keeps overheating and draining battery

Antoine, there are no virus for BlackBerry, sorry.  

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry9320
My Carrier: I don't know

I have a blackberry 9320 and my battery overheats dramaticly I turnit off and leave it on charge over night and then in the morning I turn it on and put it in my pocket then 3hours later I felt my pocket getting extremely hot and I pick up my phone and it was burning ang by the time its lunch I have no battery also my phone always restarted when it get knocked slightly and sometimes for no reason and I have no idea what to do especially because its my first blackberry and Ihave had it only for 13 months now and I don't know what to do any tips !
Also it takes longer to charge than it is to use !

You need to get a new battery.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

My Blackberry Curve has just started to overheat and then the battery gets drained, it's only just started happening and I'm 6 months into a two year contract!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry9320
My Carrier: I don't know

Okay I have had this phone for a year and a half my phone was watErdamadged but the thing is it was fine then 5 months down the line I had the same bloody problem so no one could contact me! But I went to a cheap shop and got a new battery and it wasn't the actual battery but now it works fine Smiley Very Happy also this may sound strange but I put I tiny bit of folded paper at the bottom of the phone were the metal rod things are for tha battery that also stop the heat coming through as much Smiley Very Happy do not use tinfoil that will make ur phone rubbish! But papEr is good Smiley Very Happy put it were the white little square paper is and it should work better
Highlighted

Water damage causing corroded electronics can take months to appear and show as damage on the device.

Knowledge Base Updates