Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Curve locking while listening to Music

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve an issue with the Curve locking while listening to music? It happens with and without headset. Thanks in advance
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Curve locking while listening to Music

Hi MrDedan,

Define locking? The device goes into the locked mode or the device is unusable

Any error messages in the lay screen?  Media format error?

Any particular song or playlist?

Also please specify device model and operations system running on the device

Let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: 8330 curve

I have this prob if I try to answer a call while listening to music w/ a casette adapter I resolved this issue by simply unplugging the jack before I answer a call.now the only prib is doin it quick enough! Lol hope it'll work for you Cadi
New Contributor

I'm having a similar problem. I have an 8310 with v4.2.2.170, and a 2GB microSD card.

This happens regularly: I will be listening to music in "Shuffle" mode for 20-30 minutes and I want to turn it off. But when I go to do so, the screen is black and the keyboard is locked up--nothing I can do will bring it back. If I wait 10 or 15 minutes and try again, it usually returns functionality. But just today I waited half an hour and never was able to get it to respond. I had to pull the battery to force a reboot.

I appreciate any insights out there.

New Contributor

It's the holster!

I listen to music on my Blackberry Curve when I work out, and for that I use a different holster. The holster is an open design and is made by Speck.

Apparently the Speck holster squeezes the Curve too tightly in the wrong places (pressing buttons, perhaps?). When I changed to a different holster the problem went away. It's been a couple of weeks now without a recurrence of this problem, so I think this one is SOLVED.