Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Posts: 28
Registered: ‎07-14-2008
My Device: Not Specified

Curve not receiving emails - unable to reconcile.

Hi all,


I've just rebuilt a users email client on a new laptop (we use notes) prior to this user was able to get his emails on his BB device - indeed for the past couple of week has been out of the office with just his BB device and it has been working fine.


The problem has been that from Monday he hasn't been receiving his emails on his BB device. While his new laptop running notes 7 picks them up fine. I've checked the email settings on the BB and it's setup to recive emails and on clonflicts the BB is set to win. Yet no emails are coming through.


First off I thought that this might be an issue with the service books becoming corrupt and would need to be re-activated on the BES, but I have not been presented with any of the 2more could not be completed" error messages which I've encoutered in the past.


Not sure what to do now - as I have very little commercial experience supporting blackberry's. So any help or advice would be very gratefully accepted.



Posts: 28
Registered: ‎07-14-2008
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve not receiving emails - unable to reconcile.

It's not often I can offer a solution but I remembered seeing this happen with my BB a while back.............


After checking the email ssettings were correct i decided to check the whether there any problems with receiving other data - which there was. Went into browser configuration and changed the setting from blackberry to O2-active, which is the service provider.


Powered down adn restarted the device and the emails that had not been pushed into the users BB mailbox all suddenly came through.


I've onnly ever seen this happen to one other Blackberry device before, where the browser changes fromt he service provider to the default balckberry setting, but the solution has worked both times.