Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange_EE
Accepted Solution

Curve not recognized by Desktop Software

Please help, cannot find any other BB support to contact.

Downloaded BB Desktop Software onto Laptop (Vista), and get screen saying Connect Device. When Connecting BB Curve 9360 using USB cable, nothing happens in Charge Only mode (as recommended by BB help). I have mass media ticked (as found on your forum).

When using USB Mode it opens the File Manager with only accessing some photos from BB. When trying Media Mode it  opened Windows Media Player and messed up my photos on BB.

Please let me know how to get the Laptop BB Desktop Software to recognize my BB Curve device, so that I can get it backed up. Many Thanks.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Curve not recognized by Desktop Software

Option 1. Preform a battery pull on the BlackBerry.

Option 2. reload bb desktop software.

If nether of these help, your device may not be compatable with bb desktop software.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange_EE

Thank you so much! Have un-installed desktop software, re-booted several times, installed software again, took battery out of phone and re-booted - and  it worked! Many thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Your welcome, im glad i could help.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.