Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Curve put itself into scrubbing mode

I have a Blackberry Curve that the user claims went into scrubbing mode on it's own. We don't have enterprise, so it's nothing to do with that. The user is not sophisticated enough to have found their way through the menus to have triggered it. Are there known bugs or viruses that could have caused it?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Curve put itself into scrubbing mode

Yes can likely happen on its own. Corrupt Software etc.

Main thing is, is it working now? If so, make sure the lastest version for your carrier is installed onto it.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~

Thanks! I'll check with the carrier on the version.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

This lists the regions and the carriers in those regions and the homepage for the software for those carriers.

Smiley Happy

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

this KB will answer your question: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB10886&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.

I'm aware of that particular knowledge base article. The scrubbing was not caused by any of the situations mentioned in the article. No Enterprise server, no password, and the user wasn't trying to erase applications. This is a new bug. The device had a lot of content on it and was fairly full, so that might have triggered the bug. The device has the latest T-Mobile firmware.
My Device: .
My Carrier: .