Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Curve won't charge

I have had my blackberry curve for about seven months now and during this time, i have had to change my phone charger repeatedly. It breaks and refuses to charge my phone. Sollution to this? YOU SHOULD CHANGE THE PLUG SOCKET ON THE PHONE, it won't sit properly in the phone and i am not the only one who has had this problem. It needs adressing soon before i boycot the blackberry and head straight to a nokia.

My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Gentley bending the pins in the phone connector down towards the bottom...just a tiny bit...as suggested in other posts worked for me. At least it now charges with the USB whereas it didn't charge with anything before. This had just started happening yesterday. The one is over a year old.

Thanks for the suggestion!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Fido

I have a BB curve 8520. I bought a new batter after my old one died. I'm wondering if this trick works on my phone as well! Do I push down on the usb head itself or on the the metal part (the whole) on the phone in which i put the usb in to charge? please help!!! 

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: orange

i really don't get your comment at all? does that have anything to do with it? These bb wont charge because of loose connection, any suggestions on how to fix this?!

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

tizzletoot wrote:

i really don't get your comment at all? does that have anything to do with it? These bb wont charge because of loose connection, any suggestions on how to fix this?!

What's your problem? losse connection to what? Please help us with details info so that we can help you out. It's always better to start a new thread with you problem.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Blackberry 9850
My Carrier: 205-914-7014

Thank you for your post! It cured my dying Storm 9850 which was freezing, then wouldn't charge despite several different chargers. I was down to 5% battery and panicking as Verizon didn;t have any BB batteries in stock. I deleted my Facebook app and it was like magic! It is a new phone again! Thank you for sharing!