Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Curve wont start and red light flashes

I was on my way home on the train and running low on batteries, but thought i had enough to quickly browse the applications.

I'd installed the free Time app earlier that day and checked it out, and it wasnt really to my taste, so I decided to delete the app. It warned me the blackberry would need to restart which was fine, only it turned off and didnt come back on.

I thought it had just ran out of battery but now after four hours of charging, and plugging it to my PC the blackberry still wont start. My laptop wont even recognise its plugged into anything and every button I press just gets the flashing red light.

Can anyone help? Is there a manual reset button on the device?

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9700

Re: Curve wont start and red light flashes

Try another battery.

My battery was new (I bought it two months ago) and was charged to almost 90%

but now the phone is not starting up and not accepting charging!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello,

I had this happen one time to my 8530... and I thought my heart was going to break. I'm an engineer so I have a bad habit of breaking and fixing, as I have learned that it's the best way to become an expert on any given piece of technology...

Anyway, I was able to fix my Berry by attaching it to my Mac, and letting the computer load the OS on it. Make sure it's plugged in with the desktop manager when you boot the phone your desktop manager should prompt you if you want to reload the OS... 

Basically that's what the flashing red light means... you corrupted your OS, and now needs a reinstall.

It takes about an hour to do...

Hope this helps!

~Tom

~Tom
Curve 8530
My Device: blackberry curve 8530 purple
My Carrier: sprint (no longer has service)

ok a lil dummyfide can you plz take me step by step on how to do this i have a dell desktop comp with wind xp plz i really need my phone fixed thank you