Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

DM 6.0 - not backing up browser cache

Everything else seems to be backing up just fine, but I consistently get a message saying that not all the files were backed up.  When I click on the details, it shows that the browser cache was not backed up. I'm using a Bold 9000 with BB 4.6.0.304.

Organizer sync is finally working now that I switched to the single image 32-bit Outlook 2010 instead of click-to-run.  So, the desktop software shows my last sync date, but still keeps coming up saying I have never backed up the device. 

How do I get the browser cache to back up so that the software stops trying to do a full backup each and every time I go to sync my organizer data?  This is quite annoying...

Thanks,

Lisa

New Contributor
My Device: Curve & 8900
My Carrier: Aircel

Re: DM 6.0 - not backing up browser cache

Dear All,

I have the same problem. Infact cleared by data by going into browser, cache operations and clearing all 3 pushed content, cookies and browser.

But still the backup does not take place by using the 6.0 Ver. Somebody help

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]
Here is how I was told to clear my Browser Data cache. It seems to work for me, and stays fixed for quite a while.

1. Start Desktop Software 6
  2. Attach your BB
  3. Wait for, or cancel the sync / backup
  4. Click Device
  5. Click Delete Device Data
  6. Change the radio button from "All data" (Why is that the default?) to "Selected data"
  7. Scroll down to "Browser Data Cache" and check it.
  8. Uncheck the "Back up data" box, since you are unable to backup this database anyway...
  9. Click Delete
  10. When asked to confirm the deletion, click "Ok"
  11. You shoudl see a progress bar and the message "Deleting Browser Data Cache"
  12. Once it completes, you will get a dialog that says "Your data has been deleted", click close.

That should return the browser data cache to a clean state and eliminate the problem. 

John Wohlers
John Wohlers
New Contributor
My Device: Curve & 8900
My Carrier: Aircel

Thanks It works finally. Had to do the same for Browser Messages too...

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

amehta78 wrote:

Thanks It works finally. Had to do the same for Browser Messages too...

You're welcome. It used to fustrate me to no end,  so I called rim and the above was the solution they gave me, and it worked like a charm.

John Wohlers