Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: SingTel

DM 610_B038 installs well but is not able to open?

Hi there,

Since, installing update 610_b038_multilanguage.exe I am unable to open the DM at all. Installation went without a glitch but opening the program becomes a problem.

Everytime when I open I get the following windows error signature -

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : rim.desktop.exe P2 : 6.1.0.36 P3 : 4eb85358P4 : presentationcore P5 : 3.0.0.0 P6 : 4bb2dd02 P7 : 5015P8 : 0 P9 : system.typeinitialization

I downloaded the above file on 3 different occasions from BB site just to be sure that I had not downloaded a corrupted file. I also done a clean install like about 6x but to no avail.

I tried going back to my previous version 501_b073 and 501_b084 but both version have become rather "retarded" after the latest 610_b038 installation. What happens when I try opening 501 after a clean install - the DM is unable to recognize my phone/pin and windows keeps flashing intermittently, "preparing to install" message and nothing ever installs.

I am on Windows XP Pro (SP3).

I just don't know why DM is getting so difficult to install these days. It just wasn't like that before. I would really and REALLY appreciate any and all advice that you could give me to help kick life into this or any DM for that matter.. Many thanks in advance.