Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9650
My Carrier: SPRINT

Re: DM Switch Device Wizard prompts in another language?. German maybe?.

I have a Palm treo 650 I am reluctantly giving up on the phone  . I just got a BB bold 9650 and initially synced with > OL via Palm sync to outlook and the way the contacts came over was unacceptable.

I erased My BB and did it via device manager this time.

I was able to get my calendar dating back to 2002 and my contacts and memos in an understandable format. On my initial sync with OL 2002 my contatcs jumped from 1317 on my Palm to 1450 on my Bold and Outlook.

Then when I synced the second time , after making some calendar  and contact changes with OL it had 6000 errors and deleted my outlook calendar, aside from a very few recent days .

My questions are: #1 in your experience which of the 2 ways of converting to OL is better using device manger or the other way described ( syncing initially direct with Ol )  years and delete everything before that before I transfer over to OL and BB ,

#2 HOW do you t map the fields in OL so they resemble  Palm in an understandable way I tried the Excel version and that was no good ( I love the Palm DT and hate OL 2002 I had reverted back to Palm ver 4.1.4 becase I was loosing data with ver 6.2.2 and love it

#3 Do you know if I puruchased the Companionlink software if I would be able to continue using PAlm dt ver 4.1.4 on 2 laptops and continuing to sync with Plam on a regular not one time basis  

I am on my second rewipe of the BB as  we speak

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I have found most users tend Hot sync the Palm to  the Outlook desktop, do a one way sync from Outlook to the Blackberry.

To give you the best information I need to know what version of desktop manager,

what version of Windows, and the device OS software you are using currently

1) Open desktop manager look to the right hand corner click on the Help>about,

The desktop manager version and components are listed

2) Now click on the device components tab and make sure you have the device OS that matches

your device software.

3)On the Blackberry from the main screen click the options icon, select option About>

look for the format  vX.X.X.XXX.

I ill send all documentation for your version, and you'll be able see where you can map data fields.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Regular Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9650
My Carrier: SPRINT

Sorry I did not reply sooner. I have been looking in forums re other problems that I have . I believe I PMed you on another matter.

My BBDM is ver

The device components  are (this is exactly as writtten)

Blackbery Device manager ver

BBDevMgr ver

The device software is ver 5.0.1 on a bold 9650 with Vista OS and outlook 2002 .

I did not see your reply and I used Device sync manager and ran into problems  I used your suggestions in

to get rid of Default calendar that was created and now after almost 3 frustrating weeks I just brought the phone back and am starting with a brand new one tmrw.

I was going to wait till next week when I will be getting OL 2007 from a friend to sync everything .

I never understood how to map data field from PALm to OL even though I read a lot about it . I  considered purchasing Companionlink to keep syncing with the Palm DT which I love . I hate the Outlook !  Try to be explicit in your data field mapping explanation as I could not undertand the relationship bewteen the data when I read about it before . Maybe its because it is like trying to explain French in Chinese

Let me know your thoughts if you see this message

Also look at my PM if you can

Thanks Peter