Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

DM uninstall - searched this forum, tried everything!

I have searched everything on this forum and everything I could find on the internet.  I am running Vista and I cannot get rid of the stupid DM software. Everytime I log into one of my user accounts (not all) I get an installer notification "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD ROM or other removable disk that is not available.  Insert the Blackberry Desktop Software 4.6 disk and click OK."  The program does show up in my Windows Installer (DM 4.6) again, only for this one account, but when I try to unistall it, I get the same garbage message.

There are very specific instructions on this forum and many other places, and I think I have tried them all.  I have searched the registry and found no evidence of any remnants to this program.  I have tried to reinstall the software and unistall again.  I have tried every registry cleaner I can find.  Still, I get the same message.

I really don't want to reinstall my OS for this stupid application, since other than the annoyance, I see no evidence of another problem.  I guess I could grin and bare it, but I don't think I should have to. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: DM uninstall - searched this forum, tried everything!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you have the CD go to add/remove programs in Vista and try to repair the installation.

Be sure to have the full Admin rights. Then we can remove it cleanly.

Did you install Media manager as well? There are some Roxio KB's as well.

I think you want to read KB1720 first the Windows Installer problem.

Otherwise I think the installation was not done with the correct UAC admin rights.

Let us know how it goes!

KB12334 "Error 1720" occurs during the installation of BlackBerry Desktop Manager

(Microsoft KB's included)

" A problem occurred with the Windows Installer."

"  One of the InstallShield folders may be corrupted."

KB17307 "Warning encountered. Warning code - 0x3b21. Check documentation", error appears when configuring the synchronization in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

"If prompted that the installation file or network resource cannot be found then attempt to modify BlackBerry Desktop Software installation by using the original media used to install the BlackBerry Desktop Software (the CD or the installation file).  If the original media is unavailable, uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software and reinstall using the available media. During the installation choose the option to Integrate with a personal email account during the Integration type section of the install."

KB04840 How to register and unregister the atl.dll file

KB13194 BlackBerry Desktop Manager abruptly closes when opened from Windows Vista

KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter