Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Not Specified

DM v4.6 Sychronization with Outlook 2007 fails

Have a Toshiba 32 bit laptop running Vista Home preminum.  Trying to sync. a 8830 to my Outlook 2007 contacts (2-way) using DM v4.6.  When trying to complete the setup of the 2-way I get an Intellisync error "The operation terminated unexpectedly".  Have tried the sync. setup with "Windows Contact/Mail" and that works but it's not what I need.  Help please.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: DM v4.6 Sychronization with Outlook 2007 fails

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is the article relevant to your problem:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12284&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

You would want to use this procedure to cleany uninstall 4.6:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals,

I have the same problem as RayH.  I'm trying to complete the synchronization configuration.

• From Desktop Manager select "Synchronize"
  • Select the "Synchronization" menu item, then the "Synchronization" button
  • Select any application (Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book or Tasks) in the "Select Device Application" screen
  • Select Microsoft Outlook in the "Select a desktop application" screen, clicked Next
  • Select any Direction of synchronization in the "Synchronization Options" screen, clicked Next
  • Intellisync crashes with the error message "The operation terminated unexpectedly"

Note that I can successfully complete the configuration if I choose "ASCII Importer/Exporter" or "Yahoo!" instead of "Microsoft Outlook" on the "Select a desktop application" screen.

I'm using Outlook 2007,  Desktop Manager 4.6.0.12, Windows XP Pro SP3

In your reply to RayH, you referenced the article "Unable to synchronize organizer data with Microsoft Mail when running Windows Vista".  I don't think this article is relevant to our problem!

Any other ideas?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi dmheyns and welcome to the forums,

Please open a thread on your specific problem.

Your problem may take a different resolution than

the originators. Also, if you open your own thread

you will get more input from more users, therefore

a faster resolution. Thanks, Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor

Will do.  Thank you bifocals.