Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

DM v4.6 crash upon calendar sync with Lotus Notes - BB 9000 Bold since firmware v4.6.0.167

[ Edited ]

Since I have updated my BB 9000 Bold to the latest firmware version (v4.6.0.167), DM (version 4.6) crashes when I try to syncronize my Lotus Notes calendar. However, it works OK if I only do a one-way sync, from Lotus Notes to the BB Bold. This worked properly in both directions before the last firmware upgrade.

Message Edited by olvr76 on 11-13-2008 07:44 PM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: DM v4.6 crash upon calendar sync with Lotus Notes - BB 9000 Bold since firmware v4.6.0.167

Define "crash" specifically. Error message?

Specify if this is a work account or personal

BB Setup as BES or BIS?

Networked PC or stand alone.

PC OS (if vista 32 or 64 bit)

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: DM v4.6 crash upon calendar sync with Lotus Notes - BB 9000 Bold since firmware v4.6.0.167

[ Edited ]

Lotus Notes 8.0 + DM v4.6 on Windows XP latest SP and patches. BIS account for professional use. The problem occurs no matter what type of connection is used (USB or Bluetooth). Unidirectional sync (Notes -> BB) works fine. Bidirectional sync crashes as follows :

Error message : "DM has encountered a problem and needs to close"

AppName: desktopmgr.exe  AppVer: 4.6.0.12  ModName: lnsections.dll
ModVer: 7.1.1.112  Offset: 001a31dd

Message Edited by olvr76 on 11-18-2008 08:18 PM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

From JDOBKOWS lotus notes 8: found in the user database

Something that I was doing during all my problems was trying to sync with only the local replica active. 

I don't know if this matters but the first time that I was able to copy entries to the BB I happened to be online and using the server copy of my mail file. I had inadvertently restarted my laptop and notes as a clean start (my laptop always seems to want to start using the server copy) and I had not noticed I did not start the local replica. The way that I noticed it was it took about 20 minutes to generate the first entries in the BB. While I was looking at my VPN software I saw network activity and the initial sync took lots of time. I continued to build my BB calendar while using the server as I did not want to stop the process as I was still going forward.

I now resync while using the local replica but I just happen to only sync at my home office. When I there I am always connected.

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: DM v4.7 also crashes w/ calendar sync with Lotus Notes - BB 9000 Bold since firmware v4.6.0.167

Same problem still with the new DM 4.7.

Unidirectional (Lotus Notes 8.0 -> BB Bold):

Works OK

Bidirectional (BB Bold <-> Lotus Notes 8.0):

Crash with the following error message :

AppName: desktopmgr.exe  AppVer: 4.7.0.32  ModName: lnsections.dll
ModVer: 7.1.1.119  Offset: 001a31fd

Unidirectional (BB Bold -> Lotus Notes 8.0):

Crash with the following error message :

Lotus Notes version 8 :

Release 8.0.1 HHF36
Revision 20080214.1630-HHF36 (Release 8.0.1 HF105)
Standard Configuration

New Contributor

Re: DM v4.7 also crashes w/ calendar sync with Lotus Notes - BB 9000 Bold since firmware v4.6.0.167

Problem still present even after upgrade to the newest BB Bold Firmware : v4.6.0.190 (Platform 4.0.0.172)

DM crash during bidirectional Calendar sync or unidirectional sync from BB -> Lotus Notes :

BB BOLD, LOTUS 8.0.2, DM 4.7

I changed field mappings... (escluded some) now it works:

I've just mapped:

Subject

Start Date/Time

End Date/Time

I didn't make any further test to unserdstand wich field exactly crash DM

I have a Curve 8330, DM 4.4.7.0.32 and Notes 7.0.  I too had the crash when syncing my calendars.  DM would read the device calendar without any problems, but when it tried to read the Notes calendar, it would crash with the same error listed above.  Unidirectional sync worked fine.

After reading this last post by Oldsmobile, I changed the configuration of the sync in DM to remove the Invitee mapping.  I left everything else the same.  I resync'ed and DM now reads the Notes calendar function perfectly and syncs the two without any problems.  I've now sync'ed multiple times and it all seems to be working.

Hope this helps someone else!

Thank you so much for posting that!  Your solution of removing invitee mapping worked!