Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold
My Carrier: free

DMSS and Stream error

Hi !

First, excuse my english who is just average.

I've got a CCTV DVR from Dahua and i wanna use it with the DMSS software.

Everything is done, software is installed, the 554 NAT port is open in my router for extra stream.

Just i've got an issue at the time i want watch cameras.

A message appears " Streaming error"

On of my friend says i have to set a special APN in my mobil.

Is it thrue ?

If yes, someone know with APN ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Re: DMSS and Stream error

Well, I finally got a solution to the CCTV DMSS problem! 

Firstly, to access DMSS on BlackBerry, you require the APN settings > Options > Device > Advanced > TCP/IP. Enable APN. 

BlackBerry network does not allow you to access video streaming, hence you will require the APN settings for your local carrier based internet (for non-BlackBerry users). Eg. Vodafone BlackBerry APN is 'blackberry.net' however, DMSS can only be accessed once APN is set to 'www' which is APN for Vodafone Mobile Connect (note: this is the internet service for iPhone, Nokia, Samsung). This will allow you to stream DMSS via mobile network internet (provided through carrier and not RIM). 

This is chargeable separately as in not included within the BlackBerry internet plan (BIS/BES). 

Secondly, in you DVR Settings (Settings > Network > Extra Stream) make sure you have the 'Extra stream' or a secondary low stream feature enabled which provides phone compatible streaming as secondary option. Without this you will face errors even though you are connected to the system. 

Hope that helps you.. 

Amazing BlackBerry 10