Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

DTM for Mac iCal sync issue

Ok download went well. upgrade os went well.  first sync went well....until.....I realized that my calendars were all now merged.

Background: in ical I have 4 calendars created: work, home, wife's, gmail.  all color coded for ease of understanding.

DTM sees the calendars and their names prior to sync.  They are actually still color coded at this time.

Issue:  when the calendars sync all calendars "merge" in to one "gmail" calendar and that's all.   When I look at the preferences on the BB it now has 6 calendars (none from ical named) one for each email address I have on the bb.  ie. xxx@gmail.com, xxx@mac.com, xxx@verizon.net.  and so on.

Why and how can this be corrected?

I can honestly say that google sync worked WAY better than this piece of crap released.

Contributor

Re: DTM for Mac iCal sync issue

Anyone??????
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Though you can synchronize from multiple Calendar sources using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, the software does not synchronize to multiple calendars on the device. It synchronizes to the default Calendar-All database on the device itself displaying all of the data in the same default Calendar.

The Multiple Calendar listings you are seeing on the BlackBerry are for each of the corresponding [CICAL] service books on the BlackBerry (You can see one for each email address you have on your device under Options >> Advanced Options >> Service Book).

You can manually create entries within these Calendars or send an invite using one of these services. The color coding you see on your iCal should have no correspondence with the ones you will see on the BlackBerry.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thank you for the response.  That clarifies that issue.

However, I'm in the process of completely uninstalling the DM for mac.

My BB is now filled with 100's of duplicates.  Nothing I deleted on the BB went away.

The other new issue I have is that entries on the BB will NOT sync to ical.   They won't even show up.

Any ideas why?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

I suspect you have entries spanning across multiple Calendar's on your BlackBerry resulting in duplicates. We can see that you have another post on these issues in which you have provided requested information to one of the Super Users. We will send you a direct message once the information has been reviewed.

Thanks,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thank you.  Look forward to the response.

as of now, there are triplicates showing up and items added to the BB will not go to the mac.

New Contributor

Re: DTM for Mac iCal sync issue | Same Issue

Snow Leopard, Blackberry .167 OS on Storm 9530, Mac DM v1.0:

I have a very simple set up, i.e., one calendar on device and same named calendar on desktop (once I get the **bleep** thing to sync properly maybe I'll try to cure cancer and complicate things)

At issue:  Events created on device do not make it to desktop.

Also, I agree with other posters that you should be given an option for the device to overwrite desktop as well desktop overwriting device.  (Because if you really think about it RIM, and think like a Mac based customer, you'd realize that we've been waiting years for this DM software and our devices are probably much more 'current' than our poor RIM neglected macs. 

New Contributor

I just upgraded to a Curve 8900 from a Curve 8310 and using the new Desktop Manager for Mac to sync. I'm having 2 issues.

1) After syncing with ical, the entries on my Curve 8900 do not alert (vibrate or give off tone) when the ical alarm is set to "message with sound", however it does work when you only select "message" from the alarm setting.

2) When dragging an event on ical from one date to another (or changing the date using the edit event command or get info command), during the sync it assigns a random reminder time. So I'm getting random alerts on my Curve and ical for events in the future, and random times of 12 hours, 24 hours, 1215 minutes, etc.

My default entry on both my Curve and ical has the alarm reminder set to "0" min, so that I am alerted on the time I have assigned to the event. 

I was hoping the new Desktop Manager would have solved any sync problems, as both pocketmac and missing sync were erasing contacts but at least didn't affect my calendar.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330

Could someone please explain why the BlackBerry for Mac software doesn't sync ALL of the calendars on my device with iCal?   My BB default calendar s the one linked to the enterprise server at work--i.e., I put my work appointments and events on it so that my colleagues have access to my work calendar.   I also have a couple of other calendars set up on my device:  one for my own business (separate from "work"), and one for personal use--i.e., stuff I would rather not share with everyone at work.  My BlackBerry IS a smart phone after all. Is this going to be addressed in the next release?

I love my MacBook Pro, and I really do like my BlackBerry Curve.  But if they can't talk to each other, one of them has to go.  Verizon iPhone (next year?) is looking pretty good right now.

Contributor

Desktop manager will only sync the default calendar.  If they other events are not entered in to the default calendar they will not sync.  They will stay on your device though.

If you want you can "move" them to the default.   Then they will sync to ical.

To move them, open the event.  hold the alt key down and type the word move.  this will bring up a pop up that asks if you want to move the event to your default calendar.  The name will pop up in the question.  

Choose yes.  Then hit the back arrow (the curved arrow) and hit the discard button.

The even is now moved to your default and will sync with your ical.