Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9930
My Carrier: Telkomsel
Accepted Solution

Data Plan (BBM, browsing and Blackberry Protect) stop working on Blackberry 9930

Hi I have been using my Blackberry 9930 for a little over a year now, with the same data plan.

A few days ago my mobile couldnt boot up, so I reinstalled my OS. However upon successful reinstallation, I experienced problem accessing BBM, browser and Blackberry Protect.

On wifi, browser and Appworld are fine (BBM and Blackberry Protect not fine).

However when I turn off my wifi, i get this.

Checking the Service Book, I notice many items missing..

Please note that those are ALL the items, nothing more to scroll down to.

I notice there is an additional item in Options > Device > Advanced System Settings: i.e. Enterprise Activation

Clicking open the Enterprise Activation (I also get this window when I open Email Setup), I come to the presumably BES login page.

I understand from other posts that this might be the IT policy. I have done numerous factory reset, through DM directly, through command prompt using loader/nojvm and /resettofactory command

Things I have done to no avail:

- Full Wipe and Reinstalling OS (7.1.0.580, 7.1.0.755, and 7.1.0.991)

- Remove IT Policy with the methods above

- Host Routing Table registration, locally on phone and asking Carrier to do it.

- Access my Carrier website (telkomsel.blackberry.com) from pc, and resend Service Books.

Things to note:

- Emails are working fine, can send and receive without wifi

- Browser and Appworld are fine, only when wifi is on

- On switching sim card to another blackberry, my data plan works perfectly

- If I add a contact (phone B) through BBM, phone B receives the request. However when phone B accepts, nothing happens.

- The reverse is not true. Phone B requests, my phone doesnt receive any notification.

My Carrier was telling me that my PIN might be suspended/compromised, is this possible? and how do I proceed if true?

Please advice and much appreciated.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Data Plan (BBM, browsing and Blackberry Protect) stop working on Blackberry 9930

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Good report...but I can't actually tell if you are BES or not. Further, the method you indicated that you used to remove the IT Policy will not work...the method is very specific, and your words did not convey (to me) that you'd done it correctly. Hence, if your intent was to remove the IT Policy to try and get going, then that IT Policy likely remains (if indeed it were causal anyway).

So, if you are on BES, then please work with your BES admins to resolve this.

If you are not on BES, then please conduct the proper IT Policy removal process if you indeed still suspect that to be causal:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

linsner wrote:.

My Carrier was telling me that my PIN might be suspended/compromised, is this possible? and how do I proceed if true?

Yes, it's possible (many things are possible...pretty much anything!). Why it might happen would be not even a SWAG, but a WAG...useless to do so. To proceed, you continue with your carrier...only they have access to their systems to look up details. Only they have access to the formal channel to escalate to BlackBerry for enhanced support if such is needed.

Try this on your carrier -- you pay them for 100% of your service and thereby 100% of your service-related support. At the moment, they are delivering neither to you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: Data Plan (BBM, browsing and Blackberry Protect) stop working on Blackberry 9930

Hi sdgardne, thank you for the prompt reply.

Sorry but I did not clarify that I am on BIS.

The IT Policy removal was completed. During the process, the screen was white with the counter going up to 100%. Also after the device restarts, I was brought to introduction video and Service Books are reset.

My Carrier checked on my PIN and IMEI through the Blackberry Administration Site, and showed me a report saying that my handset has been blocked/suspended.

The Carrier stated that I have to bring this issue to Blackberry since:

1. I did not purchase the handset from them (Carrier)

2. They have proven that my data plan works when the SIM is transferred to another handset.

Assuming the PIN suspension is true, does anyone know how I should proceed?

Thanks! 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Thank you for the clarifications.

linsner wrote:

My Carrier checked on my PIN and IMEI through the Blackberry Administration Site, and showed me a report saying that my handset has been blocked/suspended.

The Carrier stated that I have to bring this issue to Blackberry since:

1. I did not purchase the handset from them (Carrier)

2. They have proven that my data plan works when the SIM is transferred to another handset.

Assuming the PIN suspension is true, does anyone know how I should proceed?

The situation is indeed tricky. Service-related support is always the responsibility of the carrier, for they are the entity that delivers services. But, device-related support falls to the original place of purchase, or an entity to which they have assigned for your device support. When the device is purchased elsewhere, the service provider can indeed deny support for device-related issues. And it appears that your service provider is determining this to be a device-related issue rather than a service-related issue. I do not know if that determination is accurate or not...I would tend to interpret your situation as service-related rather than device-related, but I have no insight into the "rules" that they must follow for this.

As such, your next step would be to contact the entity responsible for your device-related support. That may be your original place of purchase, a service center, or some other entity...it varies by region, and I've no idea what the device-support model is for you. If you are unsure, contact your original place of purchase for guidance.

Hopefully, they will be willing to take your case and escalate it to BlackBerry without fee to you. I cannot say if they will or will not. Sometimes, when some issues come up and the two support types (device and service) are not provided by the same entity, there can be a tendency for each to blame the other which, unfortunately, leaves the end user without recourse but to continue trying to escalate with both entities until reaching someone who will be willing to take responsibility and provide the escalation needed.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the support contracts that are in place. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There is also this link, but I cannot vouch for it's usefulness as I've never needed to use it, and reports here in our community indicate mixed results. But you can try:

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Very helpful. This is the info that I need. 

Thanks!

Hall of Famer III

You are welcome...good luck!